ART-DECO STYLE ART-DECO
Despite the fact that this style appeared back in 1925 and has since been widely used in various fields: from architecture and interior decoration to furniture and even painting, it has come to web design relatively recently. The fact is that only modern technologies and information transfer speeds made it possible to embody this trend in all its glory. It’s scary to think how long an Art Deco page would load just recently, when the Internet was accessible only by telephone lines.
At the same time, despite all the freedom and variety of choices, Art Deco has a number of characteristic features that a site in this style should have. So, on the page there should be a constant game in contrast: smooth, rounded and sharp, straight lines, bold geometric shapes (circles, triangles, rectangles, zigzags), ethnic and geometric patterns, ornaments and the like. The color palette welcomes a combination of bright, contrasting colors. And if the interior often uses materials such as ivory, ebony, mother of pearl, and various metals, then all this should also resonate in the design of sites in the form of textures and color schemes. In addition to this, Art-Deco is also characterized by plant details, which can also be reflected in various elements of the site.
We should also say a few words about fonts. Art Deco fonts came from modern booklets of the time and have not changed since then. Five main fonts belong to this style: ITC Anna, AZ Highway, Circus Didot, Kuenstker 165 and Metropol. Despite the fact that ITC Anna was already being finalized in the 90s of the last century, it did not lose its orthodoxy, but Metropol is considered the most authentic and even today has found wide application in printing.
Art Deco fonts are characterized by a close arrangement of letters to each other, the letters are narrow and elongated, without tilt. Serifs are sharp, but in general, the font should look quite slimy, due to the proportionality of the parts of the characters.
From the point of view of filling, it is also worth sticking to wealth, brightness and even some pretentiousness here. Images are large, animation and the like are allowed. However, do not forget that the page should be pleasant to the eye of the user, and therefore, in no case should you allow the effect of a kaleidoscope when your head starts spinning from the abundance of text, animation and bright pictures. Provided that the content is correctly selected, the effect will not be a single composition, but the sum of the individual elements, which, nevertheless, add up to the whole picture, which, in fact, dictates the Art Deco style.
It should be noted that in this style you can develop various sites. Business cards, corporate sites, online stores or catalogs, and even landing pages. Nevertheless, the most popular web design in this direction is among those who directly use art deco in their work. These are interior designers, and furniture workshops, architects and artists, and many others. Thus, it all depends on the personal preferences of the customer.
Contact the experts Have a question?
The user, filling out an application on the website https://avada-media.ua/ (hereinafter referred to as the Site), agrees to the terms of this Consent for the processing of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Consent) in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the collection of personal data”. Acceptance of the offer of the Consent is the sending of an application from the Site or an order from the Operator by telephone of the Site.
The user gives his consent to the processing of his personal data with the following conditions:
1. This Consent is given to the processing of personal data both without and using automation tools.
2. Consent applies to the following information: name, phone, email.
3. Consent to the processing of personal data is given in order to provide the User with an answer to the application, further conclude and fulfill obligations under the contracts, provide customer support, inform about services that, in the opinion of the Operator, may be of interest to the User, conduct surveys and market research.
4. The User grants the Operator the right to carry out the following actions (operations) with personal data: collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, clarification (updating, changing), use, depersonalization, blocking, deletion and destruction, transfer to third parties, with the consent of the subject of personal data and compliance with measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access.
5. Personal data is processed by the Operator until all necessary procedures are completed. Also, processing can be stopped at the request of the User by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The User confirms that by giving Consent, he acts freely, by his will and in his interest.
7. This Consent is valid indefinitely until the termination of the processing of personal data for the reasons specified in clause 5 of this document.