Skeuomorph Web-design styles
Compositional site decisions in the style of skeuomorph can be varied. For example, a modular grid in which modules are scattered without a specific sequence is perfect for a landing page or business card site. For a corporate website or information portal, it is better to give preference to a more traditional colonnade structure. Regarding the placement of the logo, as well as navigation elements, it is worthwhile to be guided by the principles of usability and avoid non-standard solutions, because due to the wide use of realistic images and various textures, it will be quite easy for a site visitor to get lost. Thus, the necessary functional elements are still better placed at the top of the page.
The color palette should be made in natural colors that are characteristic of natural objects and materials. However, skeuomorph should not be confused with organic style in this matter. For example, cold shades of metal, which are not characteristic of the organic style, are quite acceptable in skeuomorph. As a background, they often use either one large photograph or a texture that repeats any natural texture: wood, stone, leather, metal and the like. It is important that the texture looks as realistic as possible.
In the matter of designing the text content of the site in the style of skeuomorph, it is necessary to follow the laws of print design. In other words, the text should be readable, easy to read and not distract attention from graphic elements. However, in this style it is permissible to use interesting, varied and unusual typography, and in order to emphasize realism it is possible to use various effects, for example, embossing or writing by hand.
Since the style of skeuomorph is great for creating various sites, from landing pages to online stores, among customers of pages in this style can be found from representatives of small private companies to giants such as Apple and Microsoft. Especially original look online stores made in this style, since it allows the most detailed and at the same time organically demonstrate the proposed products. Moreover, unlike organic style or hi-tech, skeuomorph does not limit the scope. It is great for both hardware stores or building materials stores, and food or clothing stores.
Contact the experts Have a question?
The user, filling out an application on the website https://avada-media.ua/ (hereinafter referred to as the Site), agrees to the terms of this Consent for the processing of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Consent) in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the collection of personal data”. Acceptance of the offer of the Consent is the sending of an application from the Site or an order from the Operator by telephone of the Site.
The user gives his consent to the processing of his personal data with the following conditions:
1. This Consent is given to the processing of personal data both without and using automation tools.
2. Consent applies to the following information: name, phone, email.
3. Consent to the processing of personal data is given in order to provide the User with an answer to the application, further conclude and fulfill obligations under the contracts, provide customer support, inform about services that, in the opinion of the Operator, may be of interest to the User, conduct surveys and market research.
4. The User grants the Operator the right to carry out the following actions (operations) with personal data: collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, clarification (updating, changing), use, depersonalization, blocking, deletion and destruction, transfer to third parties, with the consent of the subject of personal data and compliance with measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access.
5. Personal data is processed by the Operator until all necessary procedures are completed. Also, processing can be stopped at the request of the User by e-mail: email@example.com
6. The User confirms that by giving Consent, he acts freely, by his will and in his interest.
7. This Consent is valid indefinitely until the termination of the processing of personal data for the reasons specified in clause 5 of this document.
Contact us in any way convenient for you:+ 38 (097) 179 96 63