RETRO WEB-DESIGN STYLE
So, the concept of “Retro” includes things created in the period from 1850 to 1950. Everything that was before 1850 is already considered antiques, and after 1950 – so far only vintage. Thus, everything that was characteristic of the design of this period will be the hallmarks of the retro style.
So, for web-design in retro style, the use of simple geometric shapes is characteristic, often these are ovals or circles resembling postal stamps and various ribbons. To give more interesting effects, it is possible to add various textures, in particular, elements of aging and attrition. Also, such elements are performed in fairly bright, contrasting colors. Nevertheless, the general palette of retro-style sites cannot be called rich, because at that time full-color printing was not yet used.
As a rule, designers opt for soft, pastel colors, with frequent use of various shades of gray and beige as a background. A distinctive feature of the retro style is typography. The main features of retro typography are the use of decorative and elongated fonts with the addition of shadows (to create an embossing effect) and various contours (in the form of decorative designs or colors). It should be noted that for inscriptions in Russian it is typical to use some elements of pre-revolutionary spelling, adopted before 1918, for example, the addition of a solid sign at the end of the word (“inn”, “search” and so on).
But the most recognizable retro style gives, of course, graphics. So, in addition to the widespread use of images of that time period (from retro cars to girls with PIN UP posters), this style is also characterized by the use of a large number of decorative elements in the form of frames, patterns, stamps and the like.
By the way, images can be both color, in a poster style, and engraving, as if taken from old newspapers. By the way, the abundant use of animation and similar effects is not typical for this style. It should also be noted that retro American and retro Soviet are quite different from each other. In order to make sure of this, it is enough to familiarize yourself with posters and posters, as well as movies of the time. So, if in the American version florid fonts and color pin up girls will be widely used, then in the Soviet version more attention is paid to textual content, simple geometric shapes and a contrasting, but meager color palette.
In retro style, you can create various pages. It can be online stores, business card sites, and promotional sites and even landing pages. Often, sites in this style are ordered by those who would like to give their products a light fleur of antiquity. For example, manufacturers of various hand-made products, owners of cafes, restaurants and hotels, especially if the institution’s design is also done in retro style. The abundant use of unusual fonts and graphics makes it easy enough to focus visitors on the necessary information, which is especially true for various promotional and landing pages. Thus, the scope of application of retro style in web design is very diverse and the final choice depends only on the wishes and preferences of the customer.
AVADA-MEDIA COMPANY DEVELOPS SITES IN ANY STYLE
Contact the experts Have a question?
The user, filling out an application on the website https://avada-media.ua/ (hereinafter referred to as the Site), agrees to the terms of this Consent for the processing of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Consent) in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the collection of personal data”. Acceptance of the offer of the Consent is the sending of an application from the Site or an order from the Operator by telephone of the Site.
The user gives his consent to the processing of his personal data with the following conditions:
1. This Consent is given to the processing of personal data both without and using automation tools.
2. Consent applies to the following information: name, phone, email.
3. Consent to the processing of personal data is given in order to provide the User with an answer to the application, further conclude and fulfill obligations under the contracts, provide customer support, inform about services that, in the opinion of the Operator, may be of interest to the User, conduct surveys and market research.
4. The User grants the Operator the right to carry out the following actions (operations) with personal data: collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, clarification (updating, changing), use, depersonalization, blocking, deletion and destruction, transfer to third parties, with the consent of the subject of personal data and compliance with measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access.
5. Personal data is processed by the Operator until all necessary procedures are completed. Also, processing can be stopped at the request of the User by e-mail: email@example.com
6. The User confirms that by giving Consent, he acts freely, by his will and in his interest.
7. This Consent is valid indefinitely until the termination of the processing of personal data for the reasons specified in clause 5 of this document.
Contact us in any way convenient for you:+ 38 (097) 179 96 63