MINIMALISM WEB-DESIGN STYLE
The best example of a minimalist style site is the start page of the Google search engine: the complete absence of backgrounds, unnecessary details, all the attention of the visitor at first glance concentrates on the most important elements, but the site does not look empty. This is precisely the main nuance of this style: it is necessary to precisely grasp the line between free space and emptiness.
Thus, this direction dictates rather strict canons for building a site. It is necessary to abandon all that is superfluous: animation, a large number of backgrounds and textures, too wide a color palette, and the like. Even information should be reduced to a minimum, and functionality should be simplified to the limit of usability. A kind of classic in minimalism is a combination of white, gray and black colors, which can be diluted with bright splashes of another contrasting color in the navigation bar or site menu. Also, the use of images is allowed, but here again it is necessary to avoid excesses.
It is worth noting that despite the somewhat meager choice of color solutions, even such a monochrome palette leaves a wide enough scope for imagination and allows you to achieve amazing results. So, leaving white space around any design element (image, logo, slogan, etc.), you can not only highlight it, but also emphasize its significance in the overall picture of the page. A gray background is often used to highlight an information element (text description and so on).
In addition, despite the fact that minimalism does not recommend the use of a large number of backgrounds, you can choose one subtle and unobtrusive background pattern, which should be repeated on all pages of the site. Also, it is unusually interesting to look at any active (in size, shape, location or color) image that will give the project freshness and bring some piquancy and sharpness. However, it must be remembered that the brighter or larger the image, the less they can be placed on one page.
Separately, it is worth talking about the menu and navigation bar of the site. Just like the rest of the page, the menu should be as simple and concise as possible. Excessive information, overly long lists or titles should be avoided. Ideally, the menu should consist of 3-5 items. From the point of view of design, it is worth refraining from using bright colors or an unusual font, but if the rest of the page is designed in one color scheme and does not contain large and catchy images, highlighting with some bright, contrasting color is made to make it easier for visitors to navigate.
The most popular sites in the style of minimalism are used by designers and photographers, however, they are not limited only to these areas. It is worth remembering that the objective of the project in this style is not to convey the maximum amount of information, but to create an image and easy brand recognition. As a rule, such sites are developed for individual customers whose field of activity has a rather narrow focus.
SEE MORE INTERESTING WORKS IN OUR PORTFOLIO
Contact the experts Have a question?
The user, filling out an application on the website https://avada-media.ua/ (hereinafter referred to as the Site), agrees to the terms of this Consent for the processing of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Consent) in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the collection of personal data”. Acceptance of the offer of the Consent is the sending of an application from the Site or an order from the Operator by telephone of the Site.
The user gives his consent to the processing of his personal data with the following conditions:
1. This Consent is given to the processing of personal data both without and using automation tools.
2. Consent applies to the following information: name, phone, email.
3. Consent to the processing of personal data is given in order to provide the User with an answer to the application, further conclude and fulfill obligations under the contracts, provide customer support, inform about services that, in the opinion of the Operator, may be of interest to the User, conduct surveys and market research.
4. The User grants the Operator the right to carry out the following actions (operations) with personal data: collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, clarification (updating, changing), use, depersonalization, blocking, deletion and destruction, transfer to third parties, with the consent of the subject of personal data and compliance with measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access.
5. Personal data is processed by the Operator until all necessary procedures are completed. Also, processing can be stopped at the request of the User by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The User confirms that by giving Consent, he acts freely, by his will and in his interest.
7. This Consent is valid indefinitely until the termination of the processing of personal data for the reasons specified in clause 5 of this document.