The main thing to consider when choosing an information style for your project is the future content of the page, which should be not only complete, but also regularly updated. Only in this case, the application of this style will be more than justified.
In terms of layout, the information style does not provide for a simple three-column modular grid, but it is not worth overloading it either. The main thing in this style is the most convenient interface. In other words, even if the user first visited the site, he should quickly and easily navigate it. Remember that time is expensive and the faster a visitor finds what he needs, the more likely it is that he will return to the page again. So, the main elements, such as the navigation menu, logo and slogan should be placed in their traditional places – in the header of the page. But the information panels can be placed arbitrarily.
In the matter of graphic content in this style, one should strictly adhere to the principle “if you can do without a picture, then you do not need to insert it”. Do not forget that the site in the information style should be regularly updated and it is not worth spending time on the administrator to search for and post relevant photo materials. On the other hand, so that the page does not look boring and stands out among similar projects against the background of a neutral color scheme and a minimum of images, you can play with fairly large and contrasting fonts. However, resorting to the use of non-standard fonts is not worth it, because the text and headings should be easy to read.
Separately, you need to say a few words about the content, because the content of the site is key in this style. So, the rubrication plays an important role, because the user must quickly navigate what exactly he is reading now and how relevant the information is or if it is easy to find the content that interests him.
For example, on the start page you can place the heading “important events”, and separately place links to other, less significant sections. With the headers, as we said before, you can play a little: use different fonts or colors. It’s important to remember the principle: the more important the news, the larger the headline. By the way, to focus on the most important information, it is precisely this information that can be accompanied by an image.
In the design of texts, it is important to adhere to “readability”. For example, the main text of the article should be slightly larger than the announcement, but, of course, smaller than the title. Color – black or dark gray. Light texts against a dark background should be avoided because they are difficult to read. Another important point is the “air”. It is necessary to strictly prioritize the importance of news and not overload the pages. Be sure to observe the indentation between the blocks and set the optimal spacing between the lines. Remember that the page overloaded with information looks dirty and the visitor does not want to spend his time trying to figure it out even if the information is relevant to him.
Thus, it becomes apparent that the potential of the information style is huge. Of course, news portals are often designed in this style, however, it is perfect for catalogs, online libraries, and any other projects in which the main task is to organically post a large amount of information.
AVADA-MEDIA COMPANY DEVELOPS SITES IN ANY STYLE
Contact the experts Have a question?
The user, filling out an application on the website https://avada-media.ua/ (hereinafter referred to as the Site), agrees to the terms of this Consent for the processing of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Consent) in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the collection of personal data”. Acceptance of the offer of the Consent is the sending of an application from the Site or an order from the Operator by telephone of the Site.
The user gives his consent to the processing of his personal data with the following conditions:
1. This Consent is given to the processing of personal data both without and using automation tools.
2. Consent applies to the following information: name, phone, email.
3. Consent to the processing of personal data is given in order to provide the User with an answer to the application, further conclude and fulfill obligations under the contracts, provide customer support, inform about services that, in the opinion of the Operator, may be of interest to the User, conduct surveys and market research.
4. The User grants the Operator the right to carry out the following actions (operations) with personal data: collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, clarification (updating, changing), use, depersonalization, blocking, deletion and destruction, transfer to third parties, with the consent of the subject of personal data and compliance with measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access.
5. Personal data is processed by the Operator until all necessary procedures are completed. Also, processing can be stopped at the request of the User by e-mail: email@example.com
6. The User confirms that by giving Consent, he acts freely, by his will and in his interest.
7. This Consent is valid indefinitely until the termination of the processing of personal data for the reasons specified in clause 5 of this document.
Contact us in any way convenient for you:+ 38 (097) 179 96 63